AZGiveCamp is hosting a 1-day Humanitarian Toolbox hackathon. Join us at Ticketmaster at ASU Skysong on August 27th, 2016 from 8:30 am to 5 pm. We will be hacking on the allReady project. allReady is an ASP.NET Core open-source Humanitarian Toolbox project for assisting the Red Cross in installing smoke detectors in homes throughout the United States.
Install before you come
- A git client such as SourceTree or GitKracken
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 3
- .NET Core Preview 2 tooling for Visual Studio
- F# Tools for Visual Studio
- optional: Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova
- Fork https://github.com/htbox/allready repo
- Clone your local repository
Open AllReadyApp/AllReadyWebOnly.sln or AllReadyApp/AllReadyApp.sln (Cordova)
Build and Run the Web-App project to make sure it is working
Schedule of Events
- 8:30 am – Doors Open
- 9:00 am – Join the national stand-up on Google Hangouts
- 10:00 am – Start hacking on your machine
- 12:00 pm – Lunch sponsored by Ticketmaster
- 4:30 pm – Stand-up, closing ceremonies
- 5:00 pm – Clean-up and go
Please RSVP only if you truly plan to attend and can bring your laptop with the toolsets installed. Lunch and snacks will be provided. We will try to accommodate special diets.
Come together, Build tools, Help the world! Together a few sharp minds can save lives and make a real difference.